1. Receive, review and interpret instructions, prints, and work orders for each unit or job.
2. Plan details of working procedure, tooling and material requirements.
3. Assembly and disassembly of module and chassis.
4. Sanding the module, chassis and other assembly parts.
5. Mask-off the module and chassis.
6. Color creation and paint mixing operations.
7. Painting of the vehicle’s chassis and module.
8. Apply the stripe layout to the module and chassis.
9. Degrease the stripe area prior to the paint operation.
10. Painting of the vehicle’s stripe.
11. Unmask the module and chassis.
12. Painting of miscellaneous small parts and the vehicle’s doors.
13. Application of all coating / lining products to required vehicle assemblies both manufactured and purchased.
14. Painting of single stage, base/clear coat, or tri-coat applications.
15. Paint prep including formula mixing and color blending.
16. Operate pressure pot.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years prior working experience in automotive painting with PPG paints preferred
3. Experience with multi-color painting applications desired
4. Experience with formula mixing and color blending desired
5. Experience with bodywork, sanding, and masking, hand / air tools and tape measure required
6. Ability to pass spirometric testing and physical examinations
7. Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
8. Physical requirements includes the ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds with assistance, regularly required to walk, talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, stand, crouch and kneel; frequently required to use hand to finger dexterity in order to handle objects, tools, and/or controls; occasionally required to stoop or crawl.